For a new twist on Asian flavours, try adding bamboo shoots to your stir fries! Very rich in protein, and eight rich essential fatty acids, bamboo shoots also contain anti-cancer agents which eliminate free radicals from the body.
Check out this simple and easy recipe:
- Two fillets of free-range chicken
- One teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- 200 grams of cooked bamboo shoots
- 2 fresh chillies
- 200 grams of organic mushrooms
- 2 organic carrots
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce (I love the Kikkomans brand)
- 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
- A handful of sesame seeds
- 3oo grams of long beans
- 2 clovers of Australian-made fresh garlic
- Handful of coriander
- 1 cup of steamed brown rice to serve
- Heat Wok over medium to high heat with a spoonful of coconut oil. Add the chicken, onion and garlic until cooked through.
- Add chillies and vegetables for 10 minutes and stir in sesame oil and soy sauce until fragrant.
- Add to steamed rice and serve with coriander on top.