There isn’t a better feeling feeding the family soul food. Whenever I’m run-down or my family are a bit under the weather, I whip up my famous healthy organic chicken soup. An added bonus is it lasts a few meals, and it’s simple to prepare!
How to make my healthy organic chicken soup:
- Free range whole chicken
- Free range chicken or vegetable stock
- Two carrots, chopped
- Two celery stalks, chopped
- One onion, chopped
- 6 garlic gloves
- Ground turmeric
- Handful of parsley
- Brown the onions in a large pot with a clove of garlic
- Add chopped veges for a minute or two
- Add a litre of chicken stock and the whole chicken
- Add parsley and the rest of the garlic, plus a few sprinkles of turmeric
- Cook for an hour and a half until the chicken is falling off the bone. Once the chicken is cooked right through, remove it onto a large chopping board, and flake all the chicken off and place it back into the stock juice on the stove. Cook for another 10 minutes, and serve with crusty sourdough bread.